I am a child of God, new wife, a daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, niece, aunt, friend, in-law, horsewoman, proud owner of a very demanding wiener dog, boss, employee, entrepreneur, blogger, cattle rancher, traveler, garage sale guru, horrible cook and a shoe addict. I try to live a life full of fabulous mistakes while my family and friends watch hopelessly and my adoring husband shakes his head. I hope you can handle the daily pondering that takes place inside a mess of wild curls.
Rules of HollyLand
- Seek God
- There are no spending limits at Goodwill
- Believe with all your heart your husband is the most romantic man in the world, your boss the smartest, and your mother-in-law the most sincere.
- If you have to ask yourself if your dress too short, shirt too low, gift too cheap, one more glass too many… It most surely is.
- Chanel said take off one item before you leave the house. I say put one more on, God gave us limbs to accessorize.
- The dumb girl trick works in many instances, but be smart enough you don’t need to use it in the first place.
- Ride every horse you have as fast as they can go at least once.
- Outsource as much housekeeping as you can afford. Unless you like it, then come to my house, you’re hired.
- Be who you want to hang out with.
- Before every acquisition ask yourself, is this helping me become who I want to be?
- Be happy! Your friends and family will thank you. It is just as contagious as being a grumpy negative pain in the A$$.
- Go out of your way to be goofy, unconventional and funny.
- Guard your inner circle and “friends” like King Tut’s Tomb. You are who you hang out with so select carefully.
- Never miss an opportunity to laugh or take pictures.
- With the right shoes you can do anything!
- Never let a man tell you you have too many shoes or barrel horses. Unless he is paying the feed bill, then get a job.
- Saying I’m sorry, I love you, smiling or giving hugs has power to change your world.
- For everything that comes in, something else must go out.
- Have High Standard and Integrity, but lower your expectations. Great Example!
- Talk less, pray more!
All content on this blog is the intellectual property of HollyLane, please don’t steal. You heard what I did to that coyote, didn’t you?